Today, we are introducing one of our core strengths, Java Technology. Our team in Evotek has extensive experience in designing, developing, and implementing java standard and enterprise solutions. So…
What is Java?
“Java” is a general-purpose programming language and computing platform that was released for the first time in 1995 by Sun Microsystems. As of 2019, Java was one of the most popular programming languages in use, according to GitHub. It is widely used for client-server web applications, with a reported 9 million developers.
Java is widely recognized for its simplicity, robustness, security, and portability, some experts define Java as fast, secure, and reliable. The language is easy to understand and start developing, but at the same time allows you to architecture highly secure and robust platforms that can be deployed in any device.
Some applications and websites will not work unless you have Java installed in your device. Java runs in laptops, desktop computers, cell phones, internet, game consoles, data centers, scientific supercomputers, almost everywhere.
Why is Java so popular?
Since its inception, the language has been tested, refined, extended, and proven by a dedicated community of Java developers, architects, and enthusiasts. For this reason, the language has earned a consistency of delivery and evolved over the years.
Thanks to the flexibility and robustness present in Java, high-performance applications for the broadest range of computing platforms have been made possible.
Java also works with the fundamental principles of overarching convenience as well as cross-platform interoperability. Making the apps available across varied and complex environments gives any business the chance to provide more services and boost the end-user productivity, communication, and collaboration — dramatically reducing the costs for both enterprise and consumer applications.
Java remarks also as a platform enable, giving developers the possibility to:
- Write software on an individual platform, but run it virtually also on any other platform;
- Programs and web services run and can be accessed within web browsers;
- Server-side applications for any kind of online/digital business.
- Connect multiple applications or services to create remarkably customized applications and services; and,
- Address powerful and efficient apps on practically any electronic device: mobile phones, remote processors, microcontrollers, wireless modules, sensors, gateways, etc.
The most significant factor that reassures this language’s success, is the several developers and coders’ ability to consistently upgrade its model to remain competitive and consistent with modern technological standards.
- 95%+ of the Enterprise Desktop computers run Java;
- 85%+ of Desktops computers in the U.S. run in: guess?;
- 9+ Million Developers develop in Java worldwide, making it the leading choice between the community;
- 3+ billion mobile phones around the world run on it;
- Blu-ray Disc Players only work with this language;
- 5+ billion Java Cards exist and are in use; and,
- 125+ million TV devices run also with it.
Your technological decision can either prejudice or assure the success of your project but also can help you reduce times of development consequently reducing the costs associated with them.
- Save time with efficient solutions;
- Build strong with secure and proved technology;
- Be competitive using cutting-edge language functionalities;
- Access a wider market by providing portable solutions with interoperability; and,
- Use leading technology.
Whenever you are creating a new product, upgrading or iterating one, looking for automation or advice, outsourcing part of your development process the right software development partner will be for your company as an expert guide through the whole process.
If reading this article on what is java and why do you need it has awakened your interest, you may be looking to find the perfect company to help your next software decision.
Evotek, with their abundance of knowledge and experience around software development and consultancy efforts, is undoubtedly the first port of call.